Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pepsi Truck


This Pepsi truck appeals to curiosity and autonomy. The first thing we notice when looking at the truck, is that all the crates of Pepsi are packed upside down. The creativity would grab the attention of a consumer because it is different. It would give the impression that Pepsi is different, and if you drink it it will make you different, and stand out. Since the Pepsi is upside down, it shows that it is defying gravity. This gives the impression that the Pepsi is strong and independent, which will make you strong. Since trucks are a large way of transportation fro many products, this truck stands out, also adding to the need for autonomy that would be associated with the Pepsi brand on the truck. 

This creates a personality for Pepsi. Instead of just being a drink, it would be a drink that makes you who you are, and makes you stand out from everyone else, just like the truck. Since this truck is so unique, it shows that Pepsi is unique, and if you drink it, Pepsi will make you unique too. 

All of the Pepsi brands on the truck also show the technique of repetition. On each crate there is a brand, and along with that there is a larger Pepsi brand on the back of the truck. The colors are also very prominent on this truck, because it is all red and blue. Since red and blue are the colors of Pepsi, and those are the only colors on the truck, it gives the impression that Pepsi is dominant. 

I think this advertisement is effective. It is so creative, and I really liked that. I think that this would grab anyone's attention on the road, and make them associate this unique advertisement with Pepsi, and make them inclined to buy it. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so cool haha. I totally agree with what you are saying. I think the truck appeals to our need to satisfy curiosity and it makes Pepsi memorable because it is such an odd truck. I also agree that the Pepsi is standing out so they want you to associate Pepsi with being an individual. I think the truck is definitely an attention grabber but I don't know how effective it is because it doesn't really make me want a Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jaclyn, it doesn't make me want to drink Pepsi either. I don't think any advertisement could entice me to drink that awful stuff, but I do like the truck. Perhaps the clever truck design will entice me to become a Pepsi truck driver. Naw, never!

    ReplyDelete